FertiCycle and Nutri2Cycle Winter School
The FertiCycle and Nutri2Cycle joint 1st virtual winter school “waste processing and up-cycling concepts” was held virtually from 17 february to 30 March 2021. Thanks to lecturers who are world-renowned leaders in the field of biobased resource recovery as well as fantastic organization team, this has been yet another hugely successful training.
The training program covered 9 sessions as follow:
- Global Nutrient Flows and Cycling in Food Systems
- The Role of EU Policy Frameworks in the Transition Toward Nutrient Recycling
- Technologies in Nutrient Recovery from Organic Residues – Main focus on processing technologies
- Effect of Bio-based Fertilizers Produced from Organic Waste on Soil Fertility and Quality – Main focus on resulting products and their quality
- Agricultural and Environmental Performance of Bio-based Fertilizers – Main focus on resulting products fertilizing value
- Modeling and Optimization of Nutrient Recovery and Soil Dynamics: Predicting the Behavior of Bio-based Fertilizers
- Environmental Impact Assessment on the Production and Use of Biobased Fertilizers – Life Cycle Assessment
- Summary brainstorm on key outcomes / main learnings / conclusions for each session 1-8 and putting the course in the context of the BiorefineCluster Europe with a course evaluation
The participants increased their knowledge and important insights in the R&D needed in the bio-based fertilizer technology industry, farming sector implementation barriers and public administration and international organizations challenges.
Stay tuned with the latest updates from FertiCycle and Nutri2Cycle projects and follow us on Twitter (@Bioref_Cluster ; @CycleFerti) and LinkedIn (FertiCycle and Biorefine Cluster Europe).